Kajabi Tutorial: Using Kajabi for a Virtual Summit
What is a Virtual Summit?
A virtual summit is a type of collaborative online event in which speakers are interviewed by a host. It’s like an online conference with a collection of online presentations from 6 to 30+ experts on a topic.
Most often used as a lead generation (adding to your email list) and sales conversion tool as it establishes credibility and builds the know, like, and trust factor.
Step 1: What function does the Virtual Summit serve in your NP2NYC?
- What is your NP2NYC?
- You must know exactly what your NP2NYC is so that you can make the many decisions that hosting a virtual summit, or even deciding whether to be a part of one.
- As you'll learn on the video, a summit can serve as a North Pole, Lead Magnet, or Intro Offer, so make sure you know exactly where it fits.
- What is your North Pole, or read magnet?
- What is your Lead Magnet?
- What is your Intro Offer?
- What is your NYC Offer?
- If these terms are new to you, you can access a Glossary as part of the Free Kajabi Resource Library and learn more.
Step 2: What is your purpose for the virtual summit?
- What are your goals for running a summit?
- How many names do you want to add to your list?
- How many sales?
- You need to know exactly why you are putting in the work required to host a summit and the target metrics guiding your decisions.
- What is your purpose for your guests?
- What's in it for them?
- How are you making it a win-win for them?
- Place yourself in their shoes and create a win-win experience.
Step 3: Every business decision has a legal impact. Take care of legal for your summit.
We'll have more in this in part 2 but it's really important to make sure you are thinking through all the issues that are triggered when you decide to share and (potentially) sell others' content. I'll walk you through the main issues that are triggered by running a virtual summit.
- Rights to distribute others' content.
- Splitting sales.
- Privacy protection laws re: email list building.
Step 4: Map out your lead magnet strategy for the summit.
The lead magnet illustration is 2a from the whiteboard image above.
You'll often hear me use this example: "How many ways can I get to 12?" and there are many correct answers.
- 1 + 11 = 12
- 2 + 10 = 12
- 24 divided by 2 = 12
- 6 times 2 = 12
In Kajabi, we're doing the same thing: "How many ways can I get to _____?" and there are often many ways which is the beauty and the beast of Kajabi. That's why it's so important to make sure that you know exactly what your answers are to Step 1 and 2.
For the most part, these are the common parts that are a part of a virtual summit.
- Kajabi Form = this is where the person enters their name and email to register for the summit.
- Kajabi OPTIN LM page = this is the standalone page (or pipeline page) where you add the form. It is this page and its URL that is shared and that people use to sign-up for the summit.
- Kajabi THANK YOU LM page = this is the page that your summit subscriber sees once they complete the submission on the form.
- Kajabi Product = I am a HUGE fan of using the Free Product Strategy to contain all or a portion of the content that is part of your summit.
- Kajabi Events = one way to make scheduling emails easy based on the time of the event.
- Kajabi email sequences and broadcasts = both serve different roles in the creation of the experience of the summit.
- Zoom = my preferred method of conducting the live engagement portions of a summit.
- Regular or webinar version based on your preference and the needs of the summit.
- Breakout rooms to increase engagement and experience.
- Using for time of and after the summit calls.
- Live stream to Facebook, Workplace for Facebook, YouTube
Step 5: Map out your Intro Offer strategy for your summit.
You may or may not have this as part of your summit. I highly recommend it as a solid way of converting sales from leads.
There are many different ways you can charge for the summit:
- Charge $100 for access to all the replays - as a flat fee payment, the buyer would keep the product in their Kajabi library.
- Charge $100 for access to all the replays for 30 days - as an access payment, the buyer would keep the product in their library for the access time period and then it is removed from the library.
Ask them any time. As I'm sure you can see based on this video training, you can leverage Kajabi to work in just the right way for you - you just need to know what you are trying to accomplish so you make the best decisions for you as you set it up.